Looking For Feedback

First of all sorry about disappearing from the forum for a while. I have been working on my PD1 mockup for past few weeks and it is taking most of my time. Couldn’t get time to sketch anything other than my class assignments. I want to thank each of you who have taken time to look at my work and give valuable feedback. Apologies for not responding to you quickly.

So my PD1 final assignment is on grabbing tool or what is commonly known as a “grabber”. We were asked to explore the same grabber technique for some other application. I came up with grabbing tool with shoehorn which I’m designing for people with limited mobility so they can use it to wear their shoes.

In past few weeks we have made few functional and few non functional mockups. I am pretty drawn to the designs in page #1, 6, and 7 because I want to design a grabbing tool that doesn’t look like a grabbing tool. Got few mixed feedback from my classmates but last week my instructor asked me to go ahead with the design I chose. However, before I start refining the design more I wanted to get some more feedback from this forum. I would appreciate any inputs on my design.

Also we have been asked to pick a brand and do some research about that company. I am thinking about Fiskars.