Tradeshow experiences that impressed

I’ve gone to the Housewares show over the past few years, and helped build a booth for it last year. I typically ignored ones that felt enclosed (walled up, or full to the brim with products - felt overwhelming) if I hadn’t already planned to check it out. The booths that had products along the aisle were a lot more inviting.

When I rushed out of Housewares this year, JosephJoseph stopped me with their standalone display of water bottles. I can’t recall - maybe they highlighted the unique functionality in big font on their display. But it was so easily accessible, memorable, and interactive. Arctic Zone had their colorful bags along the walls that helped grab attention and was enjoyable to have discussions about. Some booths had their brand up high, making them easier to be found (or as landmarks). If you’re thinking about having banner stands, make sure the main idea/product is high enough from the ground so that it doesn’t get blocked by an adjacent booth and is easy to see from far away.

Do you know where your booth is relative to main aisles and entrances? I think this is helpful in stragetizing how to make the most of your location.