Recent Grad in "The Funk"

Tommy,

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I will say that graphic design was always my weak point in school. I’ve learned a lot but its still something I struggle with for sure.

I learned ton at LT about all kinds of stuff, and definitely improved my renderings and sketching ability. I don’t have a much work I can show from my time there, so most of my work doesn’t show my current ability, which I realize is an issue now. It’s a balance between quality and quantity that I’m not sure how to approach.

It’s funny you mention my sketching skills, as its always been a constant area of growth for me. I’ve been critiqued for being both too loose and too tight. I struggle to find that middle ground that a lot of the flashy sketches have. I put a lot of pressure on myself and get inside my own head when I’m sketching fairly often. I know I produce my best work when I relax but the perfectionist in me make it hard to let loose and have fun sometimes.

I got some good news today though, My recruiter has set up 2 phone interviews for me in the next little while. I’m excited for that!

Any more pointers or specific places you can send me to for good examples I should be emulating?