i'm probably doing it wrong...

So i do believe that proper courtesy is lost within linked in. I will never send a invite to someone with some type of “introduction” as to why i want to connect with them. In the same sense i do not simply click accept to those who send me invites, i will usually look at their profile and see / understand what kind of connection this is. Sometimes i respond to them without accept - asking how they would like to interact -

1. following my posts and connecting - Sure
  2. Wanting to connect because you think make manufacturing decisions - No
  3. You want to work with me - You sent me a generic linkedin invite without ever talking to - Not off to a good start
  4. Want to expand your design/er network - Sure happy to do that

Now what i use it for, albeit i do not put the effort into my digital presence and persona as much as i could…

1. My last 2 jobs came through my linkedin profile and the seminars i did for IDSA
  2. I have expanded my data base for designers, and when i travel i try to meet up - I LOVE to talk shop
  3. I have posted on their to help (hopefully) others expand their knowledge on design - for designers and non-designer
    4.I have also posted - thoughts, to have the community challenge my perception (core is great for this!)
  4. Now if i see a “facebook” type post, from one of my connection i.e 90% of people will get this wrong, or which logo would you choose - i will simply unfollow them unless i know them really well… - then i send them a email with a WTF header :laughing: