Yo! 2017 sketch a day

Thanks MCP, I did an underlay first :smiley:

Today was my first day teaching Product Design 3 down at theNew School of Architecture and Design San Diego extension of Domus Academy. We covered the gradation between WAN (Wide Area Network), LAN (Local Area Network) and PAN (Personal Area Network) devices and services. We will be focusing the class on designing hardware that fits into a PAN ecosystem. We also covered the concept of archetype sketches and using them at the early problem identification and ideation stages of the design process. Super fun first day. For their first assignment the students need to sketch 10 archetypes of PAN products.

excited about EV announcements from Ford and GM. Imagine core products like F150 and Silverado as all electrics!

some of my sketches from the SQ1 conference this weekend in Chicago. These were all done in one day, each in workshops, so in front of 20-30 people.

one for my nephew… he is going to be 2 and loves garbage trucks…

I know I’m supposed to do furniture on Fridays but I was too excited by what Silodrome posted on instagram today :slight_smile:

Killing it!
R

Gorgeous!

thanks Richard and dt_id!

Had this shoe in my head that I needed to sketch out:

Also, youtube has some great free song downloads in their creator studio!

Great to see you in the sketching process. Stuff like this really helps :slight_smile:

A question: When you are sketching do you find having zero distractions helps you make a cleaner sketch? i.e. no radio or tv in background, or is it something you can do well without having to concentrate too much?

Good question 250gb, I find that it is better to have music blasting and to be having a conversation with someone. It helps me to stay loose.

Recents

A couple of demo sketches from the class I teach in Tuesdays at The New School of Architecture and Design here in San Diego.

pumpkin spice

Vanlife

Sketches 250-305. Coming into the final stretch here. I’m starting to think about names for the book this will become. Any ideas?

some sketches for a couple of upcoming video tutorials

A few recents

Damn, the linework on that car sketch is so tight. It would be great to see you doing a video of a car sketch at some point :slight_smile:

no problem… you mean like these :slight_smile:

Check out my Youtube channel for more: Michael DiTullo - YouTube

This one is a full tutorial: Demo 7: How To Draw a Car in Perspective - YouTube