Inspirational Design Shorts

This documentary on design looks really good: Abstract: The Art of Design. Has anyone seen it? Abstract: The Art of Design | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix - YouTube

This firm Perception does most of the interfaces in movies. Must be some fun stuff to work on!

I loved “The Gap” by Ira Glass. I’m a weekly listener of “This American Life” and I love to listen to Ira.

not design, per se, but somedays when it seems like there is so much bad stuff going on int he world at large, I like to just watch Neil explain difficult things like 4D objects: - YouTube

what it feels like to be a designer in the world :laughing:

What it feels like to be a designer in Canada :laughing: :

What it feels like to be a designer in Australia :laughing: Designception?

Why would they even bother blocking it from outside of the US!

That stinks. I wonder why they would do that?

Because a 3 minute piece on SNL is so valuable. We pay $30 a minute for it in Montreal.

I had a look for it elsewhere but all that comes up is random robo-voiced web news snippets about it. Maybe somewhere will have uploaded a copy by the end of the week.

https://twitter.com/RaminNasibov/status/914546916322676736

That worth the wait. Thanks Engio.

Pretty hilarious eh?

I still have my Wisconsin accent doncha know. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh sorry, that was an accidental Canadian reference. Was just pointing out how funny it was… of course now you might be reading oh sorry with a Canadian accent…

Morley Safer of CBSNews interviewing design legend Raymond Lowey Raymond Loewy: Father of Industrial Design : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Today CBS Sunday Morning ran a piece on Raymond Loewy. Check it out Almanac: Designer Raymond Loewy - YouTube

CBS Sunday also did a piece on the 747 ending it’s run for United Airlines.

We should all be so lucky to have a design as iconic as the 747.

There’s a series on TV here in Aus that is going through our design award winners.