Show your designs!

I had no idea this was a thread, there’s a lot of awesome design here.

Here is a task chair I designed a year ago. It’s a steel frame and its seat is meant come in plastic, wood, or metal. Sadly I never got the chance to finish welding it.

Here’s some concept renderings I did for a massive bench design for an academic project I worked on. This would have been the center piece in the lobby of a LEED Silver certified building.

Materials would be steam bent white oak.

That is pretty bananas. Very cool.

I just made my first render of an own concept after just started studying production design with focus on furniture design.
It’s built in Solidworks and rendered in Solidworks Visualize.

Any feedback and comments on the design and render would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Design looks good robrt. So does the rendering but the shadow looks strange for some reason to me.

That’s a very modernist design, I can see that work for lobbies and showrooms as well as homes in the right colors. It is hard to give feedback if you haven’t explained the design yet, but it looks pretty good at first sight. The render is a bit flat, see if you can get some more depth in there; more contrast, softer shadows, great texturing, DOF.

What software did you use?

Hi,

I have entered a contest exploring the future of hospital furniture in a connected world.
During the process we explored solutions regarding the internet of things, product customization and the overall user experience while keeping the implementation cost-effective, cleanable, recyclable and durable. Mobility has been a key consideration in my design.

You can view the system that I designed here: Desall.com - Design on Demand

Your votes are greatly appreciated!

You need side rails on your bed.

i think he has them - they are just in the down position.

Ahhh.

Got it.

Not sure if the world needs another adirondack / muskoka chair variation but some unknown urge to redesign resulted in this preliminary concept. It’s still at an early concept stage…

Designed 30 years ago. Metal fabricated 20 years ago. Seat fabricated couple three weeks ago. Nobody said I am quick.

Basement70 by iabisdb, on Flickr

Making a couple of dressers. wip.

Nice! Is the cross-bar 1 piece? I can’t quite see but it looks like the verticals dove-tail into it.

What type of wood is that? It’s a unusual color!

Yes to both. Cross bars are 1x2 poplar from the Depot. The sides are solid domestic cherry. Since being solid, the sides will expand and contract so running the cross bars the full depth would require them to be solid, making it a tremendous waste of materials. The poplar makes for a very rigid structure. And I will be adding a piece of 0.5" plywood to the back to keep squareness.

Also made a bench. Maple.

Process shot.

who doest love a beefy finger joint! Cool how you 45’d it and did those big finger joints instead of a miter joint!

Made 2 dressers. Cherry.