Yo! 2017 sketch a day

No if, just when. :slight_smile: stay tuned, Q1 2018

30 minute sneaker sketch. 1underlay.

Do you even dry marker bro? I’ll never forget whenI was a design student, one of our instructors, Cliff Kräpfl, brought in all these drawings he had done with just black markers in various states of dried outness. Such a fun technique. I used in on his little retro aero Volvo wagon.

Real nice…

Michael Do you ever use french curves etc to get those perfect lines or is it just pure freehand skill?

Cheers

Such a great idea! And the finish is great :slight_smile:

Thank you. They are all freehand. I explore the shapes with the underlay, not caring about my lines (like in the Volvo sketch image). When I put the clean sheet over top I concentrate on hitting the lines correctly, making only small changes to the design. I did use a straight edge for the ground plane.

I had a spare sheet of velum lying around so I decided to do a blue pencil hoodie sketch. You see that thing attached to my blue pencil in the upper right? If you know what that is, you are officially old school…side note, I forgot how fun vellum is to sketch on. I used both sides of the page to get the color and texture on this.

Okay, I’ll bite (and identify as old . . . school):

Koh-I-noor brand pencil extender doohicky, made quite nicely. German. Ubiquitous in school (90’s . . . ). Lets you get a few extra sheets out of a Prismacolor or Verithin before it got too short to even sharpen. Fits Prismacolors well, but Verithins needed a one-circumference wrap of masking tape to get their diameter big enough for the doohicky to grab it.

I still have at least one.

You get the official old school badge, Jacob! :slight_smile:

Suitable for framing! It’s going up on my wall of awards. :slight_smile:

a little more dry marker…

Chair

Slip on kicks.

Love the colours on this! Reminds me of ice cream for some reason :smiley:

Thabks 250. It was a fun one to sketch.
Monday morning motors:

CRX

A few recents

some recents. Lots of cars this week… a few by request. I need to switch it up.

hover mode

That’s hot! Love the Bugatti logos.

R