Newly released work (footwear and softgoods)

very cool, congrats!

They look sick. Nice one. Full road shoe?

What a surprise. Great work!

Nice. Like a souped Republic.

Looks like iab needs a new pair of shoes. And you’re welcome. I am happy to pay a (large) portion of your paycheck. I have been a fan of your urban clothing line for quite some time. But it seems to going away. Is that true?

Thanks iab and 914. With regard to the urban clothing, it’s long story that I’m a little fuzzy on as most of it unfolded before I came on board. As far as I know that line is scaled back from what it was but not going away completely. There’s a lot of love around the office for those products.

These are great - I hope the bikers like them too!

Excited to share my first footwear project to officially launch. A lot of learning went into this, project to be honest I completely underestimated what it took to design/ develop footwear. As always, there are things I want to change, but that’s for next round. It’s been awesome work alongside our field testers (and test the boot myself) to hopefully bring a refreshing boot to a rather over built industry.

The men’s boots won “Best in Show” for 2017 at the iCast / IFTD show (largest fishing show), which was humbling.

Check out the micro site below to dive into the Ultralight system of products and features I’ve worked on over the past year.

Congrats Kershaw, nice feeling getting your first one out!

It is hurting my brain that those posts are exactly 2 years apart… I should have some new footwear to post soon. Hopefully some others do as well :slight_smile:

Ha! I didn’t even notice when I replied to it. I’ve been vacant from here for a while.

Back with some new releases for all of you cycling nerds. We’ve updated our top-of-line road shoes here at Giro with a revamped Empire SLX lace-up and added a dual-Boa, the Imperial. More to come soon from our 2020 line, and I’ll be especially excited to share some early release 2021 models in a few months.

Very nice work Jeff. I’m really digging those blue lace ups! You want me to share those on Real Designers Ship? https://www.instagram.com/real_designers_ship/

Thanks, Michael. Please feel free to share.

We just finished a case for plastic surgeons. It houses an $8000 camera assembly that takes 3D pics of head or body. They upload the pics into their software and “sculpt” the images to show their clients what they’ll look like after the procedures. (Sounds familiar, right?) The case needs to be sturdy, properly cushioned for impact resistance and suitable for the high end plastic surgeon crowd (a world we really don’t live in!).
Here’s the old case;
20190624_130531.jpg
Sturdy and does a good job of protecting the assembly but it looks like a case for a $200 camcorder.

So, we used Gucci, Chanel, Michael Kors and others as inspiration to design a case more fitting for the S600, Bentley and Ferrari folks. Here’s the new one;
20190624_130446.jpg
We just finished QC of the first production batch for our client and have provided samples of improvements that will be implemented into a second order.

CamCorder :smiley: … you might have to explain what that is :slight_smile:

Nice improvements!

I realized the other day I have been on my Sidi Megas (sorry about that) for 10 years now. Time for an upgrade.

What from your line would you recommend for a wide foot. “Pretty near square” has been used to describe my feet.

Nice!

I love selling to the OR/surgeons. Pretty much the only revenue generator in the hospital. Freestanding surgery centers are killing the hospital’s bottom line so they are on a buying spree for these outpatient sites.

I will say though the writing is on the wall. My guess, in 10 years the OR will be buying through committee and it will be the end of physician preference.

LOL - yes…kids, they were these massive phone cameras without a phone and they didn’t fit in your pocket and they really weren’t very smart.

Interesting. In my area, the hospitals call out to the private plastic surgeons when emergencies require it, but otherwise all plastic surgeries are done in private facilities with recovery suites (bungalows for the richest). Do you think most localities have this same sort of setup, or do some hospitals have in-house plastic surgeons?

I had my last two procedures (not plastic surgery) in freestanding surgery centers. I could defiantly see how they would be cutting into hospital revenue. From a patient standpoint it was so much nicer to go into a smaller facility that only did surgery.