Newly Released Work (All Product Types)

Damn, there is some nice stuff on here!

I saw the keyboard on linkedin yesterday and now I need it in my life!

I love the colours and textures on those bags as well, I don’t own a rifle, but I could see myself with the other bag. Nice work :slight_smile:

I mean no offense Bepster but I honestly find that keyboard to be a gimmick, as well as the motion sensor speakers that Logitech just launched.
I once had a Griffon Powermate which could be setup to do all that the knob on this keyboard can do, yet I never used it. I also read many reviews saying they never bothered to use it, it just didn’t get into their workflow naturally. Unless it is programmed to work out of the box with software I am not certain it would be used. I also don’t understand why it has to be a huge knob to do some basic functions and not something a lot smaller either?
I once bought a Logitech wireless trackpad that claimed different gestures could be set up to perform different tasks thinking I would be able to set up gestures to key combinations for software, but that was not the case when it could have easily been so. I think a trackpad in which you can use gestures would be a better input method than a knob. If you can encourage Logitech to make this it would be great!

No offence taken :wink:
It is somewhat a niche product.

This is actually what it does. We have worked closely with Adobe to develop meaningful functions for the dial in PS, AI, ID and also have specific functions for more productivity oriented software such as MS Office.
Have a look at the different short explanatory videos we made in order to explain how our offering is different from what’s been out before.

For us, it was always most important that we have a strong collaboration with partners such as Adobe when developing the software in order to offer something that actually does have the potential to make your workflow faster, more intuitive and easier.

We have looked at size and proportion a lot in this project. We needed to balance the tech that’s inside the dial with a comfortable physical UX.
So the size is very much driven by its components and I am really proud of the engineering team for actually cramming a pretty complicated piece of hardware into such a small package.
After many rounds of prototyping and testing, I am pretty happy with the final proportions.

Logitech is leaving behind lefties once more! Shame! dingding Shame! dingding Shame! dingding :wink:

I am wondering, is the decision to leave behind 15% of the world population every time you design a product with right-handed bias hard? Or is it just a given at this point?
Ok, enough ranting… cool product, looks pretty slick, not a fan of the key design though, looks pretty retro - I mean, the dated kind of retro. I totally dig the round typewriter-style keys logitech did before… but maybe they are not appropriate for a “high productivity” Keyboard? No idea, never tried them. But overall, really really nice! Thumbs up!

And now go back to the drawing board and make me a lefthanded MX Master :slight_smile:

Bepster: I like the tap functions. That video really helps understand the advantages. Small, but on CAD / PS / etc. every little bit helps. Multiple by 8 hours.

I forced all my employees to use 3D connexion for that reason. I am still shocked that a few stopped using it after a week. I am almost unable to use CAD without a 3D mouse now.

Mrog: Did you know that all other animals seem to be 50/50 righty/lefty. Only humans seem to naturally balance out predominately right handed. Possibly because of the keyboard and mouse manufacturers hehe:)

This is correct!
We will not stop until every last lefty is converted :wink:

Jokes aside, we discussed this as well but had to go with the dial on teh left for this first generation.
If this proves successful, then we’ll definitely think about how we can make the product more accessible and democratic.

The knob looks the right size to me. I would much prefer the bigger knob for this.
As far as lefties go, how many lefties actually mouse with their left hand? That must be an even smaller percentage of the population.

One that was just announced this week… and the sketches I did while at the factory in China in July of 2016…

Couple of things I did whilst in -house at Tupperware just hit the market a few weeks ago. Only found a couple of pics online whilst I wait for the better quality ones/the real items.

First one the brief was for a creamer to go with an existing coffee pot but seems they want to market it as all purpose for things like salad dressings and syrup for pancakes:

Second was a bread box that I had to redesign the cover for and used an existing base:

Some details included I didn’t intend for but all-in-all quite proud of these as they’re my first mass produced products to see the light of day with four years in the industry.

Nicely done, David! Congrats.
Always cool to see your own products released into the wild.

The texture on the dark parts looks really rough and shiny. Was that intended?
I am curious what material that might be?

Thanks Bengt!

Definitely not, I’m praying it is just a bit of weird photography and compression… I took these photos from their Twitter account as I haven’t yet received the high res…last I heard the project had been cancelled so was a nice surprise over the weekend!

It was meant to be a more smooth matte finish which it kind of looks like if you focus on the spout but not sure why it’s looking so rough. You can see some of the process with rendering here: http://www.davidbulldesign.com/#/tupperware/

I’ll hopefully be able to get my hands on the real thing in the coming weeks so will be better assess the surface treatment but to the best of my knowledge it’s PP.

I didn’t expect the end of this hokey video review of the Polk Signa S1 I designed to turn into a pretty decent product video shoot: Polk Signa S1 Sound bar home cinema system - YouTube

Man, really liking that soundbar. The fabric elements have some nice curves going on.
Well done!

Thank you Bengt,

I appreciate that. We selected an acoustically transparent mesh that has a metallic weave in it and is a dark grey which sheen vs the typical matter black. I wanted to do that to visually lighten it up a touch and really show off those chamfers. This chamfers are very intentional. When I was at Sound United I had a rule for engineering that no sounder could be taller than 2". The trend in TV stands was bringing them lower combined with the slimmer bezels makes the available envelope to work with much more difficult. Pill shaped drivers needed to be developed, different types of arrays. Eventually we were able to get great sound out of something only 1.75" tall, but that of course added cost and all of those sounders were more expensive.

This product is the first Polk sounder under $150. We wanted to do something to go right at the meat of the market and make something that sounded great, looked more high end, and had some patented features that are really helpful like Voice Adjust. That meant we had to go above my 2" regulation. So the purpose of those large chamfered surfaces it to visually trisect the height of the bar. The sides have no vertical surfaces for that reason as well, and even the logo placed off to the right doesn’t allow you to visually bisect the width.

I’m happy with the result. When we started this project I was concerned that we would sacrifice design for performance and value, but I feel the hard work netted a pretty balanced solution.

So you know anybody over there who wants to give me an HTS 12, you know for “product benchmarking”? :wink:

:unamused:

Lets see some new work folks!

2018 STX Cell IV Lacrosse Protective Gear
Designed the Shoulder Pads, Arm Guards, Arm Pads, and Elbows. Gloves were by another designer. Not a huge fan of the white injection molded elbow on the white colorway, but you cant win every battle (Black looks better!)

Fun project with some good technology and protection improvements.

Here is the universal phone carrier I worked on for Nike. It carriers phones from 6+ to 5s on the arm or hand.
Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 4.48.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 4.46.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 4.46.36 PM.png

I also was busy with this project. The elite speed rope. It has an innovative grip that allows for the fingers to come closer to the center of axis for the highest level of control. I added some initial renderings to help explain the shape of the handle and highlight some of the details.

the geometry on those handgrips is really interesting. Do you have a link to the product?