Vehicles spotted in your neighborhood

I hope that was in front of a double wide trailer? :slight_smile:

Double-wide is too luxurious for that town.

but they got the F40 kit! :wink:

Today’s spotting. Got the old TT really polished up this morning. A Ferrari 388 GTO and a 512BB showed up. I had Burago models of both of those as a kid! My buddy got a vintage 911 with some interesting pedigree… the previous owner equipped it with Polk Dxi speakers that I designed! That was a treat to see.

Isn’t that a 959?

yup. Just won a prize at Pebble… you know your car is special when you put a framed article about your car from Car and Driver by the curb!

Spotted this little beauty today. Were these ever sold in the states? I don’t think I’ve seen one before.

Pretty sure they never brought those here but should be just about the right age to make it under the import laws… just don’t try to register it in CA!

Oh my god! Went to Germany in 1994 and saw these everywhere. I’ve wanted one since. Would be amazing! Do you know what body style this is?

The E34 5 series tourings are unicorns. That green one looks like it’s probably a regular 528 but with Alpina wheels.

You can find a few of the ultra rare M5 tourings now. 1992 BMW M5 Touring for sale on BaT Auctions - sold for $55,538 on August 29, 2017 (Lot #5,617) | Bring a Trailer $40K for this high mileage example, or a staggering $120k for this leather clad version: View Listing Details

Would be an excellent daily driver, but hard to justify paying vintage 911 prices on a car that should be getting a mountain bike and kids thrown in the back.

I’ve seen a few of those over here. Never knew there was an M5 version though. That would be sweet!

R

Well, here’s the thing: I stopped to admire because at first I thought it was a 5er. And I LOVE those 5er wagons. But I quickly noticed the tail on it (right below the rear window) was definitely not that beautiful 5 series wagon shape, but something mellower and smaller brother-like. And that’s when I realized it was overall a good deal smaller as well, and thought that it was an e30 platform, which blew my mind. Mind you, I don’t know JACK about bimmers compared you guys, and I had to look up which platform the old 318/320 was in order to sound vaguely knowledgable when I first posted it (and say “e30” vs. 318/320). :wink:

Short story, I don’t think it’s a 5er, but y’all would know better.

Weigh in, please. I need to build my knowledge.

I have more pics if you want to see some close-ups.

Nope you’re absolutely right, I had been lusting over that Blue one on EAG that when I scrolled past I automatically assumed it was an E34 5 series without zooming in, but you’re right it’s an E30 3 series touring. Those are also all grey-market cars that are now eligible for import from Europe.

I came across this tonight, and really enjoyed the surprise! Dont think I’ve ever seen one or even knew about it.

Long overhangs are severely under-rated today. I would love to see some concepts with long overhangs and contemporary styling.

The Ferrari is in the underground parking of my girlfriend’s condo. Not sure what it is, but I’m guessing a 308 or 328 based on the size (it’s small) and shape. So tempted to peak, but don’t want to be “that guy”.

The reverse angle rear window on the Merc is really crazy looking, but I love it!

R

Takes me back to my High school days.

Awesome. He’s got the cotter pins and everything!

Couldn’t snap a photo, but I saw a new Volvo S90 on the road today. I really like where they’re headed.

Also caught this guy the other morning…

Time: 7:30AM. Air Temp: 44F. Convertible top: down.

Minnesota.

As a long time convertible guy, that is the best temperature to drop the top.

I used to drop the top all the way down to around 32 F. The worst time to have a convertible is the summer. Ugh.