Software for a Student

I have done a few smaller projects with Fusion 360 because everybody keeps saying it is the future and consider myself pretty proficient in it now.
I don’t know, I think most people who claim that it is the future actually never really used it and just really WANT it to be the next chapter in CAD because they are tired of their old packages.
But let me tell you, you would be surprised about what kind of super basic things you simply can’t do with Fusion. It is just not there yet. You start a project and think “this is great”… then after some time you can’t do this or that and start to frenetically googling how to do it until you figure out that there really is no way of doing that yet. It’s quite frustrating and probably because the software didn’t have time to ogranically grow over the course of a decade. I honestly wouldn’t really want to use it as a production tool since I constantly hit various feature walls. One of my most favourite examples is that you simply cannot draw an orthogonal line to a non-straight spline. It is mindblowing to me how something so basic can’t be done.
So be careful with praising Fusion of being the silver bullet of the industry, it really is far away from it. They just have a big marketing budget right now, but the software will still need several years until it can compete.

And even if you ignore the missing features, it is still not as fast and as versatile as Rhino and it also lacks the useful bells and whistles of Solidworks. And the SubDs simply suck compared to e.g. Blender. Fusion is just not really “the best” at anything which will be the hardest hurdle to overcome for Autodesk.