Yo! 2017 sketch a day

added a second alfa to the sketch :slight_smile:

yesterday’s

don’t forget that sketch a day!

Super tight! Is that a new MD logo you got on the shoe and hover bubble?

*/_

R

That little logo is just something that popped out on that shoe sketch, but I kind of liked it. The MD logo is too hard to draw. I notice how Jeff (Blaster) always does that little arrow thing and like that, so maybe I’ll work that in :slight_smile:

Also, I got this new pen called a Uni-Ball AIR. Really dig sketching with it. It is a little challenging at first, but I like the way it puts the ink down.

2017 227

playing a little catch up from yesterday.

A belt study for softgoods Saturday and a spaceship for scifi Saturday.

The spaceship looks fun & playful, and I noticed the icon at the front looks similar to the Chinese character for fire.
The belt study is so clean!

Thank you. total coincidence on the Chinese character but I’ll remember that!

Nissan Cube

#231 blade runner spinner

Nice! Funny thing I just saw the trailer for the new film about 10 minutes ago!

Thanks! I think it is going to be pretty awesome. I’m excited to see the movie.

Today’s. Fiat 124 Spider. I always loved the pinched tail lamps and peaked fenders of the original

Sketch #233 for the year. Closing out the week with a clean furniture Friday concept. Back in 1997 I was fortunate enough to get a tour of the SEGIS SPA factory outside of Milano, Italy as part of my study abroad through Rhode Island School of Design and Domus Academy. An experience that shaped my 20 year old mind as I saw the machine shop where tooling was made and the factory floor where parts came off the line and were assembled. While there is an abstract aspect to what we do and a need for a big idea, it taught me that we must always balance that with the desire to move that idea forward to production.

One of the younger designers who is working with me asked me “what software” I used to create one of the concepts I was presenting to the client :laughing: that particular sketch was all analog, just like this one. Sometimes it is just better to break out the markers and pencils… and yes, that little chunk to the right is a piece of white pastel! Sketch 234 for the year: smart home remote.

a couple more

catching up in 2’s :slight_smile:

2 more

2 more!

Always with the under lays. Takes the pressure off.