Software for a Student

Well this was the point I was going to make also. If you are using Rhino you have to know EXACTLY what dimensions your design is going to be before you model it up. Properly modelling in SolidWorks you can change the dimensions of a part with one change and everything updates? Rhino? Make one change and almost start again.
I don’t believe it takes more time to properly define sketches and features than the value it adds. If you know EXACTLY every single dimension of your design before you enter CAD then you are a wizard, but I sincerely doubt that is common and the ability to explore and iterate in SolidWorks with design intent makes it invaluable over Rhino.
There are some complex surfacing forms that are easier and faster in Rhino for sure, but again I would still rather take the effort to model it properly in SolidWorks personally and have it editable.
Ultimately I still think that Fusion 360 is the best package going now in terms of versatility and I wish I had the time and motivation to learn it but I do not at the moment.