First photo of SpaceX spacesuit

Bragging a little here, but can’t help it. I saw a few prototypes when I was up there for meetings about a year and a half ago. I was able to get a tour of Space X from someone pretty high up the chain. At the end of the tour he asked if there was untying else I wanted to see, to which I replied “Yes, I’d like to see the space suits” … at first he gave me an official line “as you know we don’t do manned missions, yada yada”, to which I said everyone know you guys are going to, you said so yourselves, there must be prototype suits… he paused and said “ok lets go to the suit lab”… I couldn’t believe it and I loved that they would do something like that. I could tell they were excited and proud to show them off. The suit is unbelievably close fitting compared to current suits. If you have ever seen any of the current suits in museums they are very bulky and hard to move in. I’m assuming there is a lot of material science going on in these. Also, on an aesthetic side, the detailing on the helmet is really nice. Some nice surface changes and they feel like a designer was involved.