Looking For Feedback

Really liking the watch! Existing design or your own design? Nice work either way.

very nice. It is good to see this level of output. This kind of volume is what is required to improve.

Hey thanks… It is a existing watch. Actually it is one of my watches… :smiley:

Thanks Yo for taking time to view my work… Trying my best :smiley:

Last week’s sketches

3,4, and 5

7,8, and 9

9,10, and 11

Shoes

4,5, AND 6

Hi Sumistha

Your work has improved greatly!
Your sketches have become a lot better, material renditions are almost flawless and good shading as well.
I like the Adidas sketch in your last post because it shows more looseness - this is your single point of struggle.

I understand how you want it to come out perfect but Yo in July gave a very good example with the drill sketch.
The sketcher completely loosened it up and it’s not pretty, but it has character and speaks, while still communicating form.
This is about giving the form a space to evolve, get out of the 2D projection mode and work more into the space.
While sketching, don’t end the movement at the end of the line - it will come out cartoony and a bit too flat. Instead, draw through - compare it to a good golf swing. Also graffiti artists are good examples because they have to work swiftly, with their entire bodies and control line width as well. Look at this guy:

Also your glass renditions need work - also look at the other side of glass and how it reflects and refracts in complex areas such as the bottom. Start by drawing what you see from real life, then start understanding why the light behaves that way. With some more work you are ready to take your sketches further into the digital media, if that is your ambition.

Keep posting!

Good advice ^^^ !

Hi Ralph,

Great to hear from you. Sorry about the late reply. I got little busy hiking the mountains and taking sunrise/sunset photos during the labor day weekend :smiley:

After seeing your comment, I sketched few more shoes, pencil sharpeners, and camera. I think my shoes sketches need to be more loose. Please take a look and share your thoughts.

So far I was posting my personal sketches. Now that my fall semester has started, I will be posting all my sketching assignments here for next 15 weeks. Any critic will be helpful.