California

There is no better place to be than in SF after Labor day. The tourist crowds are gone, the kids are back in school and a relaxing vibe settles across the entire bay area. I just returned to Seoul from a week in SF with my wife.

For sunsets: Grizzly Peak Blvd in Claremont Hills or anywhere along the coast between Half Moon Bay and Pigeon Point Light House.
For music: The SF symphony kicks off its 2017 season in September and Club Deluxe in the Haight has Jazz and cool drinks.
For food: Alice’s Restaurant on Skyline Drive, the Cliff House in SF and Sushi or Korean in Japantown are all unique spots to take your wife to.
For Hotels (with wife) around $200: Good luck in SF. Some nice Airbnbs exist in Santa Cruz that are way affordable and cozy.
Shopping: Sports Basement near Chrissy Field (for buying) and Nike and Apple (for looking) in Union square are must stops for designers.

Some disappointments on my last trip were Palo Alto (boring), GG Bridge crossing (only takes electronic toll payments now, no cash) and traffic along the Embarcadero (jam!).

I’m jealous…Some of my best memories of SF were in the months of September and October.

Cheers…

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWzHwxWnehz/?taken-by=stephenbourgogneallard