Road Trip Toronto to Montreal (via?)

In Toronto some friends took us to Nodo Hillcrest for Italian, it was incredible. If you end up in Kensington Market, the food options are endless, but the Latin America Emporium is legit, cooked up in the back of a grocery. Notable, the Pupusas and banana leaf tamales, very well priced and delicious! (just realized you’re a Torontonian, but will leave this here for historical reference)

In Montreal, not a bad idea to look to see what’s on at What to do in downtown Montreal | Quartier des Spectacles while you’re there, very beloved public spaces.

It’s about 2 hours from Montreal, but I was really impressed with the setup of La Mauricie National Park. It’s got campgrounds, but is also suitable for a day trip. A really impressive trail network and quite beautiful. Maybe some of the closer parks are similarly well established, but as a working national park, I found it intriguing! I imagined the Quebec system of rest houses functioning similarly to the useful network of hostels in other countries, where you can access water and some supplies, but sleep in your own shelter.