Yo! 2017 sketch a day

All analog. Flashlight

194/365 Aston Martin Vantage

2017 sketch of a design (and model) I made in 1997

I just realized I had the topic of this as 2016 sketch a day… not 2017… no one noticed that? :laughing:

I Noticed that but don’t know if I commented on that. But only a week or so ago. Ha.

R

I think all outdoor chairs should have drain holes. That should be a simple requirement.

westy

Sketched in ballpoint, colored up on iPad.

Hotness!

You are making it very hard for me to not buy that iPad Pro/Pencil. Do you just take a pic with the iPad Camera? What’s the workflow?

R

Thanks Richard.

sometimes I just take a pic with the iPad camera. In this case I scanned it, darkened the line work, tweaked the proportions some, then airdropped it to the iPad, rendered it up, airdropped it back. I use air drop A LOT in my work flow. For going between apple products it is nice.

A shoe doodle

2017 #202

here is the video on that little home-bot

Hehe I like it.

Michael I have a suggestion for one for one of your sketch a days. How about an interior or some sort of spatial design? Would be good to see your style incorporated in this subject area…

Good suggestion. I wrapped up a concept design phase for the interior of a restaurant a couple of months ago and it was super fun to draw interiors again. I thad been a long time.

Post predator grille Lexus

sketches 150-202 all in one spot.

I’m so happy with how my 2017 sketch a day project is turning out. In this video are sketches 150-202. What started out as an exercise in discipline has turned into an exercise in thinking more crisply and translating that into visuals more concisely. Star athletes, musicians, A-lister actors, they all practice. As a designer it is so important to practice and hone your craft.

204 Mixer

Friday Furniture doodle! I just got the latest version of the Baughb Labs Aluminum Pen 1 in the mail. I couldn’t resist doing a sketch right away. Thinking of a light weight 3D printed frame with soft durometer arm rests and feet printed in and a stretched woven mesh seat. Little felt pads finish off the headrest.

A wheel concept. I would actually hate this wheel because I like simple wheels that are easy to clean and don’t take away from the design of the car… but experimenting a little.

A little autonomous blobject car and then a more conventional overlay overtop of the same perspective.