Core77 Q&A with DIY-er Ben Uyeda: Send Your Questions

Hi Dan,

Ben Uyeda is the co-founder of the architecture firm ZeroEnergy Design and went on to start his own DIY Youtube channel in an effort to provide free design plans to the general public for furniture and homewares and encourage people to delve into making rather than purchasing from places like IKEA. He has expertise in the worlds of architecture, DIY and furniture making, but also how to successfully run a profitable, sponsor-supported business simply with online video content.

That’s why I’ve noted that you could ask him anything- is there a DIY project you’re hoping to work on and you’re still unsure which materials would be best for the job? Interested in starting a successful woodworking YouTube channel? Curious who his favorite designers are or what his process is like when coming up with his designs?

If you’re not familiar with Ben’s work and interested in learning more, he explains why he left architecture to gives his designs away for free in this TED Talk: Why I Give My Best Design Ideas Away for Free | Ben Uyeda | TEDxJamaicaPlain - YouTube