Looking For Feedback

and one page of vacuum cleaner

Some really nice improvement. I’d like to see you try to get a lot looser. How abstract can you make it and still have it read? As an example check out this sketch of a drill that my friend Todd Herlitz‎ did. Incredibly loose but it is still there.

Hey these recent ones are great. Your linework is always very neat and you seem to have good weights going on. Can I ask do you use french curves to assist or is it all free hand? Cheers

Hi Yo,

Apologies for the late reply. It’s a struggle for me to sketch loose. If I go really loose, the sketch ends up looking really messy. When I try to avoid the mess it turns out super clean but the sketch loses energy.

After reading your comment and watching your YouTube channel, sketched few bags. I tried my best to sketch loose and avoid the mess. One thing I have realized that when I was sketching loose I was able to do more sketches. Although, don’t know if that’s a good or a bad skill.

This week I will try to sketch more abstractly.

Hey sorry for the late reply. And the ans is freehand :smiley:

In last few days I drew some bags and tried to sketch loose.

bags and flashlight

Nice work. Don’t be afraid to push the indication materials in those bag sketches. I see a few stipples and stick lines.

On the flashlight, I think you could use a quick overlay to get a little morse space between the battery area and the handle. Draw through the form, I think you would see the far edge of that battery shelf. Nice form work on that one though! Lots of improvement here!

Thanks for the feedback Yo. I worked on it yesterday and after drawing through I found my mistakes. Posting the new sketch.

there you go! much better.

This week I didn’t stick to one subject. Tried different objects and marker techniques. Also did one digital sketching. But whatever I sketched tried to stay loose.

4,5, and 6

Gas lighter and bike

Sorry for late upload. So last week I spent some time on learning different type of textures that we apply on sketching. Tried leather, wood (after watching Yo’s youtube video), and bamboo. Also did some freehand sketches. I feel proportion is the issue when it comes to helmet sketching, which I need to address this week.

4 and 5

6,7, and 8

9 and 10

Hey everyone,

Sorry about disappearing for last two weeks. Was caught up in my summer class final assignments. Couldn’t sketch that much during this time but at least tried to do some free hand sketches whenever had some time. Hope to resume my sketching journey here in Core77 from this week.

Also please check out the fiberglass model that I built for my Development of Forms class and share your thoughts.

Excited to get started again!