Personal Project: Design Critique

I feel like the the urban explosion reasoning is pretty cliche.
By now it is the number one student portfolio project research page that is used in maybe 50% of every project:

By 20xx there will be x billion people on this planet and xx% will live in cities - THEREFORE WE NEED VERY SMALL THINGS EVERYWHERE!

On place 2 and 3 (with maybe 25% each) is:

Demographic change… rapidly aging population… blablabla - THEREFORE WE NEED A LOT OF STUFF FOR OLD PEOPLE

and

Since xxx hundred years we build product x like this. But NOW because of COMPUTERCHIPS we can build it like THIS
(Maybe only place 3 for student projects but this one is the front runner for uninspired brand story of every single valley kickstarter tech startup)

I feel you could greatly improve your reasoning. If I look at that cutting board as a company to produce it or even as a customer - what do I REALLY care about? I don’t care about urbanization in 20 years. On top of that a modular cutting board doesn’t actually really solve the stated problem in any meaningful way. It is not really something that will noticeably improve my urban life. People can just buy smaller boards.
So in order to give your design importance you brought in the big guns and talked about urbanization. But that’s just way too vague and totally unrelated to cutting boards. It would be way more effective if you just tell me as a person why I really really want this cutting board.