Jawbone shutting its doors

I think there troubles began at the decision to enter that market at the expense of their core revenue makers. 'm just an outside observer here, but my analysis was that they were always making too many hard pivots. They started to grow with BT handsfree sets, then pivoted to bluetooth speakers, which was very successful. They could have filled in the gap between those two categories with BT headphones and other types of wireless music and telephony devices. Instead they let Beats and Bose come in and take their lunch money while they were working on the fitness tracker stuff and then released the Jambox updates way to late with less features. Like I said, just an outside observer, but my thoughts are they continued to confuse the retailer and the consumer while on continual silicon valley start up mode instead of creating a cohesive line and brand story (like Ultimate Ears and JBL did) and perhaps only used design on the surface vs using it strategically. Really guessing at the last one but I know the Jambox was actually developed by an outside house called Foxl and pitched to them. They bought the guts and styled the box.