Recent Grad Who Would LOVE Some Portfolio Feedback

Aaron,

Thank you so much for the response!

I fixed that broken link, great catch! I have been sending my portfolio to a multitude of consultancies. I worked in a product development firm over last summer and love being able to work in a variety of areas. I really love furniture and housewares and hope to get there at some point. I’m worried about starting off in an area that is too narrow and have the impression that by working in a consultancy, I would be able to have more exposure to different projects, skill, and designers.

I have been sending out the portfolio to a few furniture and lighting companies with little success. The response I usually get is that someone with more manufacturing experience is desired.

The resume feedback is awesome! I see now how unclearly it all may read, will clear that up. I’ll find a way to be more descriptive. It’s been a struggle for me to showcasing enough personality without adding so much that it’s exhausting. I do agree that I really need to flush all that out and get a stronger sense of how to showcase my design philosophy.

The biggest problem I have is the lack of clarity of projects when I’m not able to pitch it! I’m frustrated to find that once again this is the case, but I am very appreciative of the advice you gave. I’ll have to look at them and patch them all up. I really focused on the story of Clamp, Adjust, and Radiant, but the feedback is that the problem is not clear in these cases?

Thank you once again for your time Aaron!

Nina