Vehicles spotted in your neighborhood

Richard, I love them, especially early examples like the one shown with the recessed tail lamps… all my research says stay away. I’ve heard the maintenance on that V8 is a bear! … you could do an engine swap with a LS crate motor from GM though… I’ve seen it done.

Ya, it’s unfortunate that nice designed cars aren’t always the most practical even if initially affordable. I’ve looked into some nice Jaguars before too XJS, etc… maintenance nightmare. Sticking with the vintage BMW/Mercedes for now… most parts are still fly available from Germany within 1 week and relatively reasonable.

R

This has been a bit of a parts year for the TT as well. New soft top (rear glass delimitation), new shift boot (rubber cracked), new keys (TPE buttons cracked)… glad parts are still available and are not crazy priced. It is at that age, 17 years old, where stuff just starts to wear out from use and exposure to elements.

I love that you can drive a Z1 with the doors open/down.

I’m starting to have trouble finding parts for my Focus. 15 years old. I was thinking of how I could get almost anything for my Miata from the dealer with an old car discount. The Ford dealer always gives me the “poor chump” eye roll when I go. They don’t seem to have anything anymore:/

928 and XJS are the dream…I’ve heard the same thing. Bears to keep running. Also, Porsche made so many versions of everything in the '70s and '80s that alot of parts are no longer available. A friend had a 944 S2 that he kept jerry rigging to keep running.

this week’s blast

Some shots from the Greenwood all-comers car show a few weekends ago. Worth seeing for the masses of humanity as well as some fun hot rods. Definitely biases toward hopped up 60’s and 70’s muscle cars - there was a 69 Camaro with a Corvette Z06 supercharged engine swap - as well as a long row of electric hippie mobiles. I liked the old Subaru truck though.
The last pic is from the auto body shop up the street - RS6 Avant, tuned to insanity levels, perfect sleeper wagon.

(broke me off)

nice variety. Is that an S5 Avant with later year 20" rotor wheels?

Its an RS6 Avant. I don’t think those were available in the US.
You would be a better judge of the wheels than I would, but I will try and get a better photo this week. Its the owner’s car, and is always there. He also has a very nice Audi S2 in process blue.

Dang, RS6? That is sweet!

RS6 Avant, and the E63 Estate are my two Euro dream cars right now.

[ Deleted ]

wow! that is a rare one!

This must have made sense to somebody

I think that was my dream car when I was 17. hehe

Yo - here’s a slightly better look at that wheel - yes, rotor-something something

OK, so I didn’t get a photo of this for some reason. But maybe one of our Vancouver BC peeps will see this car.

Brand spanking new Rolls Royce Dawn 2-door (V12 twin turbo) in bright red, with the awesome burnished metal hood. Driven by a Asian woman wearing a VERY large hat (in the car), with her snot-nosed teenage son in the passenger seat in typical teenage posture (headphones, looking at mobile). Easily $400K.
Craziest part though aside from how the lady drove (oscillating between 50-100mph) was they had a CROCODILE HEAD sitting on the dashboard. Not a skull, a whole taxidermied head.

We were making up stories how the lady imports exotic/endangered creatures to make tinctures and potions, and that was the last crocodile of its kind.

I’m not in Vancouver, but from the description sounds pretty typical. Croc head probably just so she would recognize the car in the lot beside all the other cars for people with more money than taste.

R

some recents. That chrome cobra is not a wrap. It is an original Cobra with a polished aluminum body.

Not seeing a cobra?..