10 years out...What does your portfolio look like?

Hitting the 20 year mark very soon as well. My advice, just show your work. I’m always skeptical of too much production (the perfect presentation for every project just screams of post work, some of which is fine, but too much canned process feels stiff) and as Richard said, skeptical of just beauty shots. I try to show my contribution to each project, and keep it top level in the actual materials (IE little to no words) and do the story telling myself. It has worked very well for me, but more importantly it feels right to me because it suites my personality and social style. In the end you will have to experiment and find what feels right to you.

Whatever you decide it will speak volumes about you as a designer and a person, and that is a good thing. I want to weed people out who won’t like working with me. They will find out who I am soon enough anyway, might as well get that over as soon as possible and focus on the percent of people who want to engage and make great things together.