Bike saddle Re-imagined

Wow, I didn’t realize a concept could upset somebody so much? haha. It was conceptual, I wasn’t claiming this to be more or less aerodynamic or better or worse than current seat designs, I was just trying to illustrate why certain design choices were made in order to maintain air flow being that the shape would definitely cut the air worse that a typical seat. Now if a seat will actually affect aero dynamic’s enough on a bike to actually affect a competitor would be another story. But it would lead back to me saying it’s just conceptual.

This project was just about exploring forms for me. I was using theory rather than facts, motorcycle seat are shaped similarly and I was applying that theory to bike seats, in a what if scenario. Being that this was just a portfolio piece, I thought it would be a cool project to explore something that doesn’t typically change too often and a good way to show my technical abilities.

When you design a chair you assume it’s a object for people to seat, right? A chair also might be a installation, right? Which one is yours? A story/ title, for your consideration, http://hahamag.com/paris-deflates-mccarthys-called-christmas-tree-installation-cause-looks-like/