Yo! 2017 sketch a day

This one started out as a doodle in my sketchbook, a quick snap with my iPad and I refining it digitally in no time.

rolex smart watch

BUSY week! I didn’t get a chance to do any fun sketches on Thursday or Friday, I was heads down on client work… which was filled with fun sketches, but none I can show you for the next 12 months :slight_smile: Here are my sketches from yesterday and today. I’ll try to do a couple extras today to catch up!

playing a little catch up today… just two behind now :slight_smile:

Dig the angular vibe going on in the latest 3!

Thanks Richard. The chair is definitely benefitting from some of the Taliesin inspiration! It might have infused some other things as well. It was nice to switch it up and go back to analog as well. That constraint of the medium really forces me to focus in more vs having every tool and color imaginable on the tablet. I think it is good to go back and forth.

a little Land Rover Series II inspiration

Easing back into analog. Thermometer.

Continuing the analog

Black and Decker drill

here is the visa on that flying car from the other day:

The song “Head Like aHole” from NIN came on during my daily jog this morning… is it weird that I thought of this? :laughing:

sketch 171: You an get a lot of work done with 1 pen, one marker, and a white pencil…

Went back to digital for this water gun

a couple of looser sketches from last night.

And here is the video on that water gun sketch.

an aluminum pen sketched with an aluminum pen

catching up

Hot hatch

Thats a cool bag! I’m digging the style of these sketches.

Thanks Andy, it has been fun to go back to analog after sticking to digital for about 6 months… here the video on that last digital sketch though. Drawing spaceships is fun :laughing: I’ve gotten a couple of concept art projects for movie vehicles since going out on my now in April. Working on projects like that is a blast.