Looking to improve

You are definitely getting better. The design works well too. Keep doing these line sketches for a while, exploring what works best.

Thank you for the kind words guys.

Managed to tidy up the sketch, although not to happy with the ellipses, but hey ho.

Well the good news is I got a brother mobile scanner brand new for a real steal… Bad news is my sketch didn’t turn out right… Tried sketching an existing watch this time but messed up the outlining and a bit of the shading but overall think i learnt some stuff. On to the next.

I liked the drawing, especially the free hand ellipses came out really good. :smiley:

don’t beat yourself up too much, this is really showing a nice progression!

Thanks for the nice comments.

This one I haven’t finished yet. Just a first draft, tomorrow I will refine and put some shading and colour in.

I like seeing those clean scans!

These are starting to feel like good brainstorm sketches, rather than laboured full detail renders, which is a good thing. Your line weights are starting to show some control as well, which is helping define the sketch.

I think that it is important to present the sketch properly as well, so while it may seem minor, to push you along further perhaps consider some minor cropping (if needed) of your scans to give the page a more refined composition.

First draft. Will try to refine and finish tomorrow.

Watch the plane of the eclipse vs the plane of the case. Right now it appears as if the case has a slight wedge shape to it and the crown is angling down. I think you got a little to tight with this one where as the previous one was looser. Do you dee that as well?

Yep can defintely see those issues. Will see what i can do. :slight_smile:

Nice! The presentations are also looking a lot better now.

These are great. Play more with white space and reflections in your drawings, see if you can simplify your sketching process a bit.

Ok i overhauled my last sketch. Tried to loosen it a little. Seems that sometimes I end up sketching in a rigid manner… Usually happens when I think to myself beforehand ‘I want to make this sketch perfect’ and then I get a bad result lol. Anyways I’m happier with this one apart from a bit too much midtone with the pencil i think.

Thanks for the kind words.

Do you mean give the image more contrast ie less midtone and more white and dark tone?

Digital this time. May add some colour later.

that is getting interesting!

Thanks Michael. Btw your instagram account is a gold mine of inspiration.

Added some colour. Maybe I should of made the straps purple as well…

Started on a new sketch. This is just rough… I find it hard to share sketches like this. Anyway, will use this to overlay. Would love to get to a place where my 1st drafts aren’t all messy!