Yo! 2017 sketch a day

Stiletto heel at the request of one of the students in yesterday’s workshop.

Hey everyone. I’ve been working on this sketch-a-day project for 2017, chronicling my journey to do a concept sketch every single day for 2017. I’m up to sketch 150. My goal is to have book of the sketches published at the end of the year.

Here is the problem, I have no idea how to actually do that! So if any of you have information or experience on how to go about that, or maybe have contacts to a publisher or agent, I’d love any help I can get. Leave them in the comments below or direct message me through my contact page here: Contact Michael DiTullo

I’d also love to hear any requests you might have for sketch topics to see in the book!

Love this video + voiceover!

R

[ Deleted ]

Yo,

I was hired by a wealthy, prominent businessman who wanted his family and historical documents published into a book. Through my research, and from his needs, Blurb through the Bookwright Software was the best option. It allowed us to create a book for multiple platforms, physical and digital, and the printing quality was professional. It was incredibly simple and the book ended up receiving far-reaching costumers.

I think you have an excellent idea, and would love to purchase a book of your sketches & thoughts.

Thanks everyone for the info and feedback. I appreciate it. I used Blurb for my first book: Analog Dreams by Michael DiTullo | Blurb Books

It is a little expensive per unit but I was happy with the quality. I was told to look into the amazon self publishing platform as well. I’ve heard from a lot of friends that the traditional publishing route isn’t what it seams.

Some recent sketches from my workshop yesterday at UIC.

I used to work in the same office as PrintNinja, they’re good people and they know their stuff. They do help with fulfillment now: https://www.printninja.com/printing-resource-center/beyond-printing/warehousing-and-fulfillment

thanks for the tip, Brian!

I posted some snaps from that sketch workshop I led at UIC earlier this week:

Yesterday’s

Asymmetrical car for this week’s sketch wars

Dome home.

Helmet, after and before details.

This one started out as a doodle in my sketchbook, a quick snap with my iPad and I refining it digitally in no time.

rolex smart watch

BUSY week! I didn’t get a chance to do any fun sketches on Thursday or Friday, I was heads down on client work… which was filled with fun sketches, but none I can show you for the next 12 months :slight_smile: Here are my sketches from yesterday and today. I’ll try to do a couple extras today to catch up!

playing a little catch up today… just two behind now :slight_smile:

Dig the angular vibe going on in the latest 3!

Thanks Richard. The chair is definitely benefitting from some of the Taliesin inspiration! It might have infused some other things as well. It was nice to switch it up and go back to analog as well. That constraint of the medium really forces me to focus in more vs having every tool and color imaginable on the tablet. I think it is good to go back and forth.

a little Land Rover Series II inspiration