Looking to improve

I’m just saying to loosen up and sketch quick and dirty in the beginning. Don’t worry so much about making a tight sketch until you have a concept you want to push further, in your case a sketch render…

Here is a 5-10 minute page I did yesterday (sorry not cameras)… just working thru form, little attention to detail, working out proportion/intent.

Thanks for the guidance :slight_smile:

Might be time to take a break from cameras. What other subjects are you interested in? It is always good to shift your thinking and then go back.

Decided to start on watches

Still no scanner lol, I will sort it out eventually.

Todays effort.

Some sketches for today. Will try to take one of these into a finished concept tomorrow.

These are great, wonderful compositions. I would love to see these amped up in Photoshop a bit.
I have to see if I can post some sketchwork one of these days as well.

Thanks man. I gotta leave the photoshop until i get a scanner :frowning: . Unfortunately I am low on cash at the moment and no money coming in, so scanner is on the shopping list still.

Some really rough sketches followed by a refined sketch. Tomorrow i will try and loosen this up and make a couple adjustments.

https://www.amazon.com/Brother-DS-620-Mobile-Color-Scanner/dp/B00EKWE55K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496789909&sr=8-1&keywords=brother+portable+scanner

Thanks Michael, its in the pipeline :slight_smile:

Nice one!

Some rough sketching today. Will tidy one of these up tomorrow.

Struggled over last day. Couldn’t get in the zone… Will try to clean something up for tomorrow.

I feel like I’m seeing some improvement. the feel a little looser.

You are definitely getting better. The design works well too. Keep doing these line sketches for a while, exploring what works best.

Thank you for the kind words guys.

Managed to tidy up the sketch, although not to happy with the ellipses, but hey ho.

Well the good news is I got a brother mobile scanner brand new for a real steal… Bad news is my sketch didn’t turn out right… Tried sketching an existing watch this time but messed up the outlining and a bit of the shading but overall think i learnt some stuff. On to the next.