Yo! 2017 sketch a day

No problem. You are welcome.

quick hover bubble

More nice stuff Michael :slight_smile:

A question: How long do you roughly take on average to complete a sketch?

Thanks 250gb, these take me roughly between 30 minutes and an hour.

His one was more like 15 mins.

20 minute quickie

MD, What app do you use to capture the videos? Got any suggestions for a video app for desktop vs. mobile?

R

Procreate records a video for every new file you create, I believe that is what he is using.

Procreate is mobile only, though, right?

R

Yes, currently only mobile. I believe desktop options are coming in the future, but as of now its up in the air.

Richard, for that I used ProCreate, but I believe Sketchbook pro has a video export option as well. You could also just use the desktop capture tool in quicktime. Makes a big file but they you edit it down in iMovie.

Super. Thanks!

sketch 150 for the year! Furniture Fridays.

A shot from the visualization workshop I led at The New School of Architecture and Design and Domus Academy San Diego today. A great mix of high school and design school students. I hope the students had as much fun as I did.

Stiletto heel at the request of one of the students in yesterday’s workshop.

Hey everyone. I’ve been working on this sketch-a-day project for 2017, chronicling my journey to do a concept sketch every single day for 2017. I’m up to sketch 150. My goal is to have book of the sketches published at the end of the year.

Here is the problem, I have no idea how to actually do that! So if any of you have information or experience on how to go about that, or maybe have contacts to a publisher or agent, I’d love any help I can get. Leave them in the comments below or direct message me through my contact page here: Contact Michael DiTullo

I’d also love to hear any requests you might have for sketch topics to see in the book!

Love this video + voiceover!

R

[ Deleted ]

Yo,

I was hired by a wealthy, prominent businessman who wanted his family and historical documents published into a book. Through my research, and from his needs, Blurb through the Bookwright Software was the best option. It allowed us to create a book for multiple platforms, physical and digital, and the printing quality was professional. It was incredibly simple and the book ended up receiving far-reaching costumers.

I think you have an excellent idea, and would love to purchase a book of your sketches & thoughts.

Thanks everyone for the info and feedback. I appreciate it. I used Blurb for my first book: Analog Dreams by Michael DiTullo | Blurb Books

It is a little expensive per unit but I was happy with the quality. I was told to look into the amazon self publishing platform as well. I’ve heard from a lot of friends that the traditional publishing route isn’t what it seams.

Some recent sketches from my workshop yesterday at UIC.