Vehicles spotted in your neighborhood

One the best rear ends on a sedan…

R

I think it was the only one I saw on Autotrader Canada, so don’t hold your breath:/

There’s a few manual transmissions around here. Saw a 6-Speed DINAN M-SPORT tuned one the other day and an M5 I think.

Haven’t had a chance to check it out.

R

SP. I want a 6-speed M-SPORT Wagon. :wink:

The wagons are so rare that I keep forgetting they were imported. Incredible cars!

The unicorn!

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/2011-bmw-328i-wagon-m-sport-the-unicorn-1533538208

Read the comments, the actual owner chimed in at the end to say he’d pay over $40K to have it back.

Not really a fan of that generation 3 series, wagon or not… Front end kinda wimpy looking.

R

Ditto Richard’s comment. Shoulda had a V8.

As a long time BMW guy, I can tell you those wagons are really nice - but a little cramped (I’m 6’6") which is why I opted for that 2006 X5 when opportunity knocked - it checks all the same boxes (3.0 inline 6, XDrive, 6spd true-three-pedal manual tranny, BMW handling, ride & luxury, etc) but interestingly the biggest problem with the 3’s (wimpy cooling systems) isn’t a problem in the X5. I still liked my M3 much better though :frowning: (in the M3, after multiple failed cooling system components, I finally installed an all aluminum radiator, a high flow thermostat with an aluminum cover, underdrive pulley and a Stewart high flow water pump, and only a 50/50 mix of distilled water and BMW coolant - that did the trick even with daily romps to 120).

I’m still on the hunt for what I consider the best unicorn - a 2011-15 Caddy CTSv wagon with the recaros, panoramic sunroof and 6 spd stick. It will come, eventually!!

Awesome hand-built “Porsche” available. Check it out here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVmok7NgEFl/

$75K gets you the current VW engine, $95K gets you the Porsche 356…

I was meeting a friend for coffee down the street this morning and spotted this sweet 2002 round tail… as I was snapping a pic look what drove by in the background! Kismet!

Shark nose, FTW!

You know I’m a fan!!!.. shame about those rims on the 2002 and the fake shadowline trim on the grill. Otherwise, looks perfect! Never seen that kind of bumper add on.

R

Over riders are lame. Beautiful color though.

It makes me a feel a little better that in the background there are only beat chevy vans and dirty F150s. I feel like you live in auto-nirvana from most of your photos!

You really zoomed in there Ray, but yes, there are normal cars here too :wink:

Here is a rare one. BMW 2002 hatch back

are you ready for today’s blast of awesome?

This BMW z1 is ultra rare, same guy who had the hatchback 2002. Europe only, he imported this recently.

I’ve been considering a 928 for a while now…

R

Richard, I love them, especially early examples like the one shown with the recessed tail lamps… all my research says stay away. I’ve heard the maintenance on that V8 is a bear! … you could do an engine swap with a LS crate motor from GM though… I’ve seen it done.

Ya, it’s unfortunate that nice designed cars aren’t always the most practical even if initially affordable. I’ve looked into some nice Jaguars before too XJS, etc… maintenance nightmare. Sticking with the vintage BMW/Mercedes for now… most parts are still fly available from Germany within 1 week and relatively reasonable.

R

This has been a bit of a parts year for the TT as well. New soft top (rear glass delimitation), new shift boot (rubber cracked), new keys (TPE buttons cracked)… glad parts are still available and are not crazy priced. It is at that age, 17 years old, where stuff just starts to wear out from use and exposure to elements.

I love that you can drive a Z1 with the doors open/down.

I’m starting to have trouble finding parts for my Focus. 15 years old. I was thinking of how I could get almost anything for my Miata from the dealer with an old car discount. The Ford dealer always gives me the “poor chump” eye roll when I go. They don’t seem to have anything anymore:/

928 and XJS are the dream…I’ve heard the same thing. Bears to keep running. Also, Porsche made so many versions of everything in the '70s and '80s that alot of parts are no longer available. A friend had a 944 S2 that he kept jerry rigging to keep running.