Luggage Unite for Industrial Designers

I will be traveling to the USA this summer.

I am planning on scrapping (i.e recycling) my old heavy 2 wheeled softside overseas luggage and investing in the new lightweight ABS upright 4 wheeled 22" carry on and a 24" check thru pieces (US$70 here in Korea). The reason for this is that I will be using public transportation in NYC and eastern seaboard as well as traveling by car in San Francisco bay area. These 4 wheeled pieces are far superior for navigating in airports as well as using for shopping trips in large urban cities.

Designing for the ‘creative class’ is a growing market and targeting designers is a good place to start.

1- What are the things that you take with you as a designer into your luggage? All of my design work content is in the cloud, so no need for special consideration for tools, work or storage other than a macbook.
2- What are the common practices that you do through out your journey that are related to design?(e.g. sketching, reading books that arerelated to design…) I will work on research, proposals, reports, 3D CAD, rendering, layouts on my notebook. Sketching and ideas are tracked on a4 size spiral bound paper notebooks.
3- Do you prefer backpack or suitcase as a travelling bag? Hardside suit case. I am finished with ‘wearing’ my stuff.
4- What are the main purpose of your journey? (e.g. workshop,presentation…) meetings, interviews, research
5- What are your transportation preference after/before taking a flight?(e.g. public transportation such as bus, train, taxi or personal vehicle…) Bus, train, taxi, ride sharing…in that order.