NEW KICKS :: latest purchase

a couple of Cole Haans. the laser perking on these is pretty awesome.

From my thread, I went with the Grenson Archies.

I do like a chunky sole.

nice!

Here is what those CH’s look like in action

Those 2.Zerogrand CH’s are very nice.

[ Deleted ]

Bought a pair of Björn Borg shoes, I like this kind of leather shoes.

However I have trouble finding good quality summer shoes. I wear out my shoes quite fast and I hate to get my feet wet when it rains as the sole is the first to wear down. Winter boots are more rugged so there are no problems during the winter, but they are too heavy and bulky in the summer. I need some kind of light duty hiking shoes that can handle the wear but I have not found anything close to the style of the Björn Borg or similar urban/sneaker-ish styles.

nice and low profile on the outsole.

Quoc Pham

Hmm. I’m not familiar with them. Pretty cool. What is the material on that upper? Some kind of ballistic mesh?

They are a British cycling company. A bit off the radar for regular folks.

As for the construction, from the website -

Upper
Water repellant industrial-grade woven polyester upper; authentic jersey knit lining; reinforced EVA/mesh lining; improved Lock-Lace system; signature 3M™ reflective heel strip

Outsole
Moulded rubber; full-length hardened midsole

Footbed
Natural cork with EVA; ultra porous jersey knit top layer

Accessories
Shoe bag, cleat cover

Weight
464 g (size 43)

uhm, wow, those guys make some awesome footwear. The road stuff is fantastic as well. Thanks for posting the link.

got a pair of these today. Cole Haan GrandPro Tennis

Can I still post mine if I didnt buy them, but 3D printed them myself? :laughing:

1 Like

Crazy stuff man, I’ve been following along on instagram and I love where this is going. What is the lifespan like?

Michael! I love that I’ve caught your eye!

I’m not sure about lifespan yet. I only started developing the shoes in May, and have been wear-testing models since September. But 3 months in is way too early to come to any lifespan conclusions. It’s fun wearing your own product daily though. And so far, no problems.

My gut feeling is that a pair will last at least 6 months for someone with a normal gait. If worn by someone who drags their heels, things might be a little different, I think they could wear a hole in them in about that time. The current out/midsole is a little over 2mm thick, but the TPE has good abrasion resistance.

Also, the TPE can be recycled into ‘new’ filament pretty well. So old shoes can be shredded and used to print new shoes. I’m real excited about that, but will first have to sell quite a few more shoes.

Resurrect this one from November with a couple recent pickups.

Arcteryx Konseal
ARKK.PNG
ARKK Raven
KONSEAL.PNG

all black er’thing :slight_smile:

How do you like those ARKKs?

A couple of pairs of Cole Haan 3.Zero Grands. The leather pair has a molded leather chassis. The welded pair has a TPU chassis. I like the way the wingtip resolves into the base of the eyebrow which is pretty unique. The traction is interesting as well.

Just saw those drop. Have yet to see them in person. Kinda neat, but I feel skews a bit too athletic compared to the previous version that was business up top, athletic on the bottom.

I just got a pair of the Cole Haan Laser Washington for my wedding.

R