Lost and in need of help

Thanks for the advice. It’s great to hear that you were once on the same boat (kind of). I’m fully aware of the fact that even though I don’t have “design experience” I have gained other useful skills that are very important for the job, however, employers always try to dismiss this claiming they need someone who can hit the ground running and be productive from day 1. I think this is where I’m struggling the most. How did you manage it? Also, what do you mean by structure for my portfolio? Any examples? Thanks in advance.

Nice to see I’m not alone. I see you are having the exact same problem that I am having. What other kind of feedback have you gotten from your interviews?

Hi Greenman,
There is no creativity or design at my company, making my job very monotonous and boring. We work within a system and within a scheme of what management considers “design” is . Management has no taste and often conflicts with each other as to what we should be doing. At the end it all comes down to money. There is creative problem solving though, which I think is my biggest asset right now. Maybe I should be focusing on this and try to illustrate it better to future employers?