Lost and in need of help

Hi Santiago, does the company that you work for employ any designers? Having been there for some time have you identified any areas where design would benefit the company? Do you have new product ideas that your company could produce? Do you see new market opportunities that you could combine design with your company’s capabilities to open up new offerings?

Forget what your job description is and maybe think about how you could apply design for the benefit of the company. If you answered yes to any of my questions then I recommend you explore some ideas and put together some proposals.

I don’t know what your company’s capabilities are as far as manufacturing, engineering, etc., but maybe start by creating an inventory list of all of your company’s capabilities and resources, and then imagine, if it were up to you, what could you design to leverage this in new ways? Then design some things with this in mind and propose it to your leadership. If they don’t bite, well then you have fresh, new, applicable design work for your portfolio.