Lost and in need of help

Thank you for checking out my post. While there is no doubt that it’s great to be employed, unfortunately I do not get to design anything at my current job, which is what I want to do. This is one of my biggest obstacles when I go to interviews. They want me to have professional experience designing and I don’t have that. All of my work is from my student years, so they see it a bit amateurishly I think. Also, there is not much I can learn anymore after being at my company for 6 years.

I’ll look into it. Thanks for the advice. I was also thinking on expanding the Escher table line.

Hi smyoung! While in college I took a lot of different classes precisely to try to determine which direction to go in. I liked some more than others , but I enjoyed designing different stuff every time. This is why I focused mostly on agencies and furniture studios, but no luck. I feel like once they see that I’ve been out of school for 6 years, they rather hire a fresh out of college person. At this point I don’t care. I just want to get my foot on the door.