Lost and in need of help

Hi Santiago,

You are doing very thankful work at your current company, is there a specific reason you want to switch jobs? It is already a good thing that you are employed, you can also look at expanding your abilities or the company’s focus while you are there to make it more satisfactory for yourself.

What I am seeing, for example by the AED project, is that you can do the common industrial design process.
When you veer more into your own design thinking it becomes furniture/DIY and it speaks very much like the job you have now is the job you want. So if you want a different job, make sure your portfolio also shouts towards the specific job you would want.
What companies especially want to see is original ideas - you can work on that. Design competitions for example are a great way of expanding your conceptual thinking. Of all your furniture I like the Escher table the best, it relates to modernism, is original and timeless. If you had the same execution with your DIY project, that would also have been a great project. To me the rising sun chair is a bit too much of a melange of ideas and reminds me more of a reconstructed shopping cart which relates more to Dutch than Scandinavian design. I would also like to see some more innovation!