Portfolio Review

Hi Theresa,

I’ve only had a quick scan through but I think its a really good start to the portfolio.
I agree with the comments that Mrog has made.

Your illustration and sketch style is lovely, its different to most of the sketch styles that I am used to seeing which will help you stand out. I think the playful style of it will help you in the toy industry as it seems to fit well.
(I haven’t worked in toy design but I know some users on this forum have so reach out to them too!)

Personally, I think the design of the portfolio comes across like it is aimed at a younger audience, which works well in your individual project work, but the person who will be viewing your portfolio is a different audience. Maybe have a look through some portfolios on behance for some inspiration on layout etc. As Mrog said, the text could be shrunk down a bit.
One thing that I am not a fan of is words being split across two lines, its a personal preference but this option can be turned off in programs like indesign.

Overall I think you have a good body of work. The nightlight and caterpillar projects particularly stand out and the end products looks great, I’m not convinced by the noodle hut project…maybe show some more development if you would like to keep it in.

Keep at it and you will have a great portfolio :slight_smile: