Traveling is broken.

Point 1: I totally agree, those speaker announcements are completely useless. To me they are really more the “soundtrack” of the airport. They just sound so much like travelling.

Point 2: Dont they usually have big electronic boards announcing all the flight numbers including gates and delays? Also google is pretty good at mining your data and telling you facts about your flight. At least if you use google services. If not usually googling your flight number does the trick and you don’t have to mess around with horrible airport websites. Boarding passes are digital by now anyway and most airlines do have apps, maybe it is different in the US?

Point 3: A common problem I think the airports are well aware off. At some they started to install USB outlets, but it is usually too little too late. I guess when they built the airports 10/20/30 years ago they didn’t know that at some point everybody will carry copious amounts of personal electronics. Luckily by now notebooks have quite a long battery life and phones can be charged by power banks. I never assume that I will find electricity anywhere, then it is a pleasant surprise if you do.