ID Portfolio Review

Hi Daniel,

I think the process needs to be explained better on the 2 new projects.

The pet treat launcher is a cool idea, but you have shown what it is and not why it’s this way. I like the explanatory image with the dog, it tells me that this is something to reward my pet with and starts the story. I would make this the first page and make the caption more bold. A page following this showing why its a good idea would help link this into the story before before going into concepts.

It seems like you designed what you had already thought of and didn’t really explore very many other possibilities. The concept exploration page needs to be stronger to communicate your ideas. The sketches are washed out and don’t pop out to me, and they are a randomly placed on the page without a hierarchy, which doesn’t give much indication about why you chose the selected concept to move forwards. The renders look nice but an in-context shot of you using it (it doesn’t have to include a pet) would benefit the project.

Ditto on the crane tower, you haven’t shown any process. The images you do have communicate the finished result of the project well thought.