Doodling

[ Deleted ]

Stoodles!

that split log table tho! Nice!

Andy, try being bolder with your lights and dark on transparent surface, fewer reflections but more bold. I photoshopped one up for you so you can see what I mean.

Thanks for the tips Yo! That bolder overlay is really effective, I’ll have to try it.

In the meantime, I sketched up my GoPro Hero. The first is the construction underlays and the second the finished sketch. I’ll overlay this later to show more transparency.

Edited:

Attack Sub for Sketchwars this week!

Is anyone taking part in March of Robots this year?
Here are a few of mine, I won’t spam you with them all :slight_smile:

Finding it difficult to keep up with one a day so I might have to switch back to analogue sketching for a few of them :slight_smile:

These are fantastic!!! I haven’t done MOR this year. I need to throw some down.

[ Deleted ]

Thank you yo! :slight_smile:
Its really good to see so many people take part. I love seeing how different professional backgrounds influence peoples art.

I didn’t even know about March of Robots! I think mechs can be this weeks inspiration :smiley: I found time for a doodle of some lamps with hanging globes (thinking the ones with the fun low-glow filaments):

A sampling from my sketch365 project

digging the back pack!

Thanks Yo!

You inspired me to start my own daily sketch thread. It’s been tricky getting it in everyday, but I feel like I’m getting in the groove of it now!

Finally a moment to sketch…

Nice reference!

Thought I’d drop one…

A quick lightbulb and the first digital sketch I’ve done for a seriously long time! Pretty keen to get my hands on an Ipad Pro or something rather than my Intuos.

I’ve been meaning to start posting here but I always forget! Jeff was here at Auburn a while back and we sketched some sweet dump trucks. Looking forward to another fun demo at Houston

Hey Andy, nice stuff. On that digital sketch, when doing those bone lines, try making you darks and lights on separate layers and then erasing up to the bone line. This will give you more general gradients and help the form to pop. I photoshopped it up real quick to show what I’m talking about because I think my explanation is probably terrible.