What headphones do you use?

I lost my IEMs, UE TripleFi 10’s, when my bag got stolen awhile ago. So I have been using whatever I had around, HiFiman stuff and whatever work samples we had.

But I just got these. as an early Christmas present. Zero Audio ZH-DX200-CT. Better known as the Carbo Tenore’s

And wow :open_mouth: They sound amazing for that $40 bucks they are. I prefer to listen to these at work now as opposed to the Senhiesser HD650’s I had at work before. The verge has a little article on them. Stop what you’re doing and buy these $38 earphones - The Verge

As well as a 400 page thread on HeadFi forums. Not sure how I over looked these for so long. Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

I’ve been using Shure SE425 IEMs for the last year or so. Picked them up to replace my SE115’s that I’ve had since 2010.

They’re super clear & crisp, and very comfortable. Though, kinda wish I had sprung for the SE535’s because I like a little more bass in my listening experience.

I’m using Grado Sr60i. It’s perfect for Metal. In my opinion, It’s one of the best entry headphones

I want to buy me a pair of Sennheiser HE 1;

I’m in love with my Bose Quietcomfort 20i, I bought them when I spent a bit of time flying between the UK and the US in my last job, they also work pretty well when you want to switch off in the corner of a coffee shop!

I also occasionally use the Marshall Major 50 FX, but have always found they hurt my ears if I wear them for a long time, and the sound quality never quite had the base I liked. But they were great to use in the office (on a low volume due to the sound leakage), as it was obvious when you needed the occasional ‘head down, please don’t disturb’ moments as it was obvious you weren’t available!
Marshall-Major-50-FX-Headphones-1.jpg

I am still rocking the original Parrot Ziks! Would never buy the 2.0 + as Parrot decided to ruin the visuals. My Ziks still have that wow, the same as the day I got them.
41CWiK6KaSL.SY300.jpg

Great price great product. I hope l get many years of use.

I like these better :slight_smile:

I’ve got a set of Sennheiser Momentums. They sound good and they’re comfortable for a few hours at a time. Same as below except mine have soft pads rather than leather, and a pretty red cable :laughing:

Use very priminive earphones by chinese Xiaomi, bought while travelling in Asia. Have been using it for a year: work well, cost $10. I am happy!

I have bought V-MODA Crossfade LP 3 months ago, and so far I am really impressed. The sound is amazing! By the way, they are made almost entirely of metal.
I think this is the best option for everyday use and gaming.

Audio-Technica just introduced a wireless version of the great M50x, the M50xBT. It’s a $50 bump from the wired version. It’s now at the top of my holiday wish list!

I use the iPhone earbuds mostly. I just purchased a basic Sony earphone. It’s really good for a basic model. I use it especially at home, where it’s almost always quiet.

I received those print+ 3D printed headphones I mentioned a few years ago last year. The speaker module is small with that headband pass-through, but the audio quality is still surprisingly good across frequencies. Most troublesome points are that the headband is a bit weak and with the shape of the ear muffs doesn’t fully cover the ear well or sit stably on your head. It also costs a few hours to print all components but you are able to customize them which is worth it. I now have the JBL E-series and am happy with those.
print+.jpg

I got the JBL Headphones for Christmas. I hadn’t used this style of headphones since the early 80s (yes, I’m that old). I got them because my Pixel 2 USB C connector sucks ass and can’t hold a connector in it for more than a few minutes before it squirts it out like a slimy pumpkin seed.

I love the sound quality of the full over-ear headphone, but I hate the airtight seal it makes around my ears. I am finding that I’m glad that it is winter and I can wear a toque to allow for some air dissipation. Is this a JBL issue, or does it apply to any of the over-ear headphones that have a vinyl/leather pad?

Most have the same type of sealed nature. The seal is created by a combination of the materialism, usually some good foam or enemies foam backing and the angle of curvature creating what is called clamping pressure. It allows for more bass and better noise canceling. The clamping pressure is something that is bottle debated. Different brands use different curvatures and amounts of clamping pressure, just like different footwear companies have different lasts. This creates fit preferences.

I’ve had my M50xBT headphones for about a year now, they’re practically surgically attached when I’m at work. Good sound although I miss the sharpness of my old MDR-7506.

I’ve been noticing more professional musicians using the M50x in recording studios, they are the new 7506. The silver ring on the cups make them easily recognizable at first glance.

I still love my Audio-Technica headphones after three years (well, other than the annoying Micro USB connector) but I can’t wait to get my hands on the new Sony XM5’s.

They look like they would have a nice fit with the angled oval cups. Jogging the headband inward is nicely done here so there isn’t a huge gap between the band and the head.

Are we allowed to inquire about buds here?

I have owned Bose over-the-ear headphones for quite some time. Now that covid is cured, I’m traveling again and I find them more annoying than I recall. I have come into some free Amazon money and I’d like to blow it on some noise-cancelling buds. The internet says the Sony buds are the best. Thoughts?