Job Hunting Problems - Advice Needed!

Many times someone filters applications and resumes before they are shown to the hiring managers and design teams. If you’re applying to larger companies, there is a chance that you’re getting overlooked at a recruiting/HR level because of your resume. While I can personally appreciate the personality you’ve put into your resume, my HR personnel won’t know the metric on a slightly more than half full thermometer of Cinema 4d skills. They don’t know if that means you’re a little more than half-way to total mastery of that program, or if you’ve been using it more than half of your career. If they’re looking for someone with Cinema 4d skills, you’ll most certainly be overlooked if other applicants are more clear about their skills and experience.

That being said, don’t let a dry spell get you down. I’ve experienced months of unanswered applications, only to finally get multiple interviews all within the same week. Sometimes that’s just random, but other times it coordinates with hiring budgets being approved each quarter/year.