TESLA Cross Country (Off Road) Concept

That would be so awesome if you can do that :slight_smile: :open_mouth: I have been trying so hard to get in touch with them, but since I don’t go to a car design school like CCS or Art Center i have very few connections. I doubt if they have any internships or any interest but I would love to work there if I could.

I feel like I need to work on my fine arts skills like gesture drawings to loosen up my sketching skills in order to add fluidity to my works. I think because the ID discipline is so hardwired in my brain, I have a very stiff and realistic approach to my sketches and renderings, therefore that’s why they look more like illustrations and that’s why they don’t look as exaggerated or provocative as what Transportation design students do.
I really need to let go and loosen up, and allow for more emotion and abstract sketches, so I’ll have to become more of an artist at this point.
My renderings look super realistic and technical which leave no room for viewers to have any imagination or suggestions, while Transportation designers do loose renderings that can be more engaging…I don’t know. I’m still in the process of figuring it out and defining my style. I want my works to be different from other car designers, I want them to be more purposeful and relatable and understandable. Thus why I gravitate so much towards ID than Transportation in design philosophy.
Hopefully in future projects I can do better.
Let me know if you can get in touch with the head of Tesla’s design. Thank you so much!