T-Splines replacement?

Maya can translate polygon meshes into nurbs with one click. Then you can bring it to Rhino and do whatever you want to it. Not a full blown T-Splines workflow but in 90% of the cases absolutely enough (plus you can use the much better Maya sub-d modelling tools). If you need to do it for free you can do the same trick with fusion360 and use it just as an exporter to bring your sub-d files to rhino. Then you can use any sub-d software of your liking.

There is a lot of hype around fusion right now but I am not really buying into it. Persoanlly I have NEVER seen it being used in a professional environment. And honestly… if I had my own design firm it would be the last software for me to choose because if I have big clients I really don’t want to upload all my sensitive data to their cloud bullshit. Seriously, who in their right mind would consider giving Autodesk all your client data, just like that?? When I last tried it, it didn’t even allow me to open a locally stored file unless I put it on their servers - that is insane. I wouldn’t bother learning it unless the industry actually starts adopting it.