The Taco Box - my first ID class project!

Thank you for your feedback! I very much agree with you on both the endpieces and the paper grass. If I’m being honest, I underestimated my timeline and got rushed at the end by my own procrastination, so both were a response to an immediate problem that I didn’t give myself time to address properly. In the case of the separate packing grass, it didn’t actually work to solve the problem; if the box was impacted from the upper corner, it fractured the spine of the shell. I added extra packaging material in a last-ditch effort to pad those areas, but next time I will consider that sooner, and possibly try to incorporate it more thoroughly into the larger design. The end caps was my solution to creating a box that could be opened completely flat without use of adhesive. I agree there were likely more concise ways of achieving that. In the future I know to start my development process much earlier!

Do you have any comments on the process book itself? Most of my InDesign experience comes from the design of a semesterly campus magazine, so I see that influence in the process book as well. I am not familiar with how process books for ID usually look, so any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you for the compliment about fulfilling the packaging objectives— I was not aware of those principles. Are there any good resources you know of to learn more about packaging design?