Advice for getting first job in product design

I am an EE working with product design/development. Coming from a family of engineers I have a big interest in mechanics and some electronics but programming was like magic for me and I needed help to learn it. Thus I studied EE, specializing in mechatronics and robotics which is really good and all-round.

I have become specialized in small Internet-of-Things devices and Wearables. I can quite fast give designers an idea how much space is needed for the electronics and what the limitations and functionality are. I am also keen on design so I always look for new smaller components, materials or processes that can make electronics more flexible and follow organic shapes better, so the designers have as much freedom as possible.

In a sense, I can shape a product towards my vision by arguing with the designers, engineers and managers with a solution for a problem that I find the best.
One problem can be solved by complex, vulnerable mechanics or expensive electronics or just one line of code.
But other problems such as EMC issues might require advanced power saving algorithms or big additional electrical filters but can easily be solved by a mechanical EMI shield.

I often end up as the spider in the web in a project because I can communicate, understand, aid and translate the problems between engineers, designers and programmers. Doesn’t matter if it is a small or big company, there is a huge demand for multiple disciplinary people who knows a little about everything because everything today contains a little bit of everything.