CES 2017

Having been my first time at CES i was quite excited. Entering the area you get to touch and explore so many beautiful thoughtful objects. I have to admit as i worked my way through, i found the majority or products to be pretty derivative and expected. Drones that look like DJI drones, action cameras that look like Gopros etc. A lot of knockoffs which was discouraging. But there were some great gems, both in great thoughtfully designed products, but also booths, displays and nice people. I particularly am a sucker for automotive concepts and was not disappointed aside from not being able to get too close to them. Was really excited to see the new Mercedes van up close, awesome surfaces and amazing assembly, how do they get such large compound surfaces with no break??? I assume some type of composite over buck, rather than metal. I spent most of my time in the AR/VR, drones, home automation area. Hopefully will be more involved in teh design next year. Some really cool drones there, dont know enough about the category to discuss though. The best booths to me were the automotive, plenty of space to take in their experience and all thoughtfully done. Overall my favorite part was to chat with people coming by our booth, helping them to understand my design decisions and seeing people get excited about something I was honored to be involved with.